We work with many couples who aren’t planning a full-scale wedding, but still want to have a meaningful ceremony instead of getting married at the courthouse. If you’ve decided to elope in Pittsburgh, PA, we’ve got you covered! Our convenient Pittsburgh Elopement Packages cover everything from a simple ceremony to photography and more.
Our team of professional wedding officiants is happy to serve all couples, and we perform elopement ceremonies all over the greater Pittsburgh area. Whether it’s just the two of you, or you’re joined by some of your close family and friends, we will help you create a lasting memory that you can cherish forever.
Here’s how it works:
1. Choose Your Location
The location of your elopement will determine your date, unless you select a location that doesn’t require any kind of permit or reservation. There are many outstanding places to elope in Pittsburgh, and quite a few of our couples choose to hold their elopement ceremony at a free public location such as the observation deck of the Duquesne Incline or the Grandview Overlook at the top of Mt. Washington overlooking the city. If you decide to use a location that requires reservations or a permit, then check with us first before finalizing the date and time to ensure that we have availability for the services you want to book.
2. Choose Your Date(s)
In order to book an elopement package, you’ll need to have a specific date, time and location selected. It’s always best to check with us to ensure we have availability on the date(s) you want to elope, and if not then we can work with you to find a date and time that works for everyone. We are always happy to accommodate last-minute requests, but the sooner you get in touch with us the more options we will have available for you.
3. Select Your Elopement Package
Look at the Pittsburgh Elopement Packages below and decide which one best suits your needs. Our pricing varies depending on the day and location of your elopement, and we will always give you our best price no matter what option you choose.
4. Contact Us to Check Availability
Get in touch with us through our online contact form and we’ll respond quickly with more information and get the process started. We have an easy, convenient online booking process with a paperless digital contract and online payment. You’ll need to secure your Pennsylvania marriage license at least 3 days prior to the elopement date, but not more than 60 days beforehand. Marriage laws and fees in Pennsylvania vary from county to county, so we recommend taking care of securing the license at least a week before the elopement.
Pittsburgh Elopement Package “A”
- Legal Signing of Marriage License Documents
Pittsburgh Elopement Package “B”
- Includes Everything in Elopement Package “A”
- Digital Delivery of Images by Photographer Within Two Weeks
Pittsburgh Elopement Package “C”
- Includes Everything in Elopement Package “B”
- Professional Floral Design – One Bouquet and One Boutonniere
Elopement Package Terms and Conditions
- Travel & Holidays — All prices listed are valid for elopements taking place within 20 miles of downtown Pittsburgh, with travel over 20 miles available for an additional fee. Elopement services on national or religious holidays may not be available, and require customized pricing.
- Professional Officiant Services — Each of our elopement packages include a simple 5-10 minute standardized ceremony for up to 15 guests. We offer several different ceremony options to choose from – religious or non-religious, and traditional vows or custom vows. Once you’ve been assigned to an officiant, they will get in touch with you to find out which ceremony you prefer and to confirm all of the ceremony details. If you would prefer to create a totally customized ceremony script with your officiant, you can upgrade to a more personalized “Classic” ceremony for an additional fee.
- Professional Photography Services — Pittsburgh Elopement Packages “B” and “C” both include a one-hour, single-location shoot with a professional wedding photographer. The hour of photography begins with your ceremony, after which you are free to work with the photographer to take additional portraits, family photos, and more. The unedited photos will be delivered to you digitally within two weeks (normally much sooner), and you have a full license to print and share the images as you wish. Additional photography time, additional photography locations, physical photo albums, and photo retouching/editing are also available for an additional fee.
- Professional Hair & Makeup Services — Elopement Package “C” includes on-site hair and makeup for one person, which can be performed at any location within 20 miles of downtown Pittsburgh. Many couples choose to have the hair and makeup artist perform their services at their hotel or home a few hours prior to the ceremony. Hair and Makeup services for more than one person are available for an additional fee.
- Professional Floral Design — Elopement Package “C” also includes one bouquet and one boutonniere from a professional wedding floral designer, as well as delivery to any location within 20 miles of downtown Pittsburgh. Bouquet and boutonniere options can be selected from our floral “look book” and custom/off-season flowers are also available for an additional fee.
- Marriage License — All packages require the presence of a valid marriage license, otherwise the officiant is not legally permitted to perform a marriage ceremony and must instead perform a “commitment” ceremony. If you have been legally married previously (which is common, especially for our military couples) then we would simply need you to provide us with a copy of your marriage license prior to service. Please use the following link to read more about getting a marriage license in Allegheny County, PA.
*** PLEASE NOTE *** Pennsylvania law requires that both parties must appear in person to apply for a marriage license, then wait at least 3 days before picking up the license and getting married. This means that if you are getting married on a weekend and are traveling to Pittsburgh to be married, you will need to arrive and visit the Marriage License office on or before the Tuesday prior to your elopement in order to have enough time to pick up your license by Friday that same week. If these restrictions will be a problem for you, we recommend considering our sister company DC Elopements, which offers marriage application by proxy services and same-day marriages in Washington, DC.
Ready to move forward with booking an elopement package, or have additional questions? Contact us now and we’ll be happy to help!